TOEFL and IELTS Requirements
|Test||TOEFL Internet-Based Test||TOEFL Paper-Based Test||IELTS Test|
|Bachelor's Degree Admission Qualification (ELAP required)**||79-99||550-599||6.5|
|Bachelor's Degree Admission Qualification (ELAP exempt)||100||600||7.0|
English Language Assessment Program (ELAP):
The ELAP is a test to assess students' academic English proficiency in the areas of reading, writing, listening, and speaking. The test is administered during orientation. Results from the ELAP will determine possible placement in EIS (English for International Students) courses. EIS courses are credit courses and not part of an Intensive English Program.
Attention: Meeting our TOEFL or IELTS score requirement does not guarantee acceptance.
- Earned bachelor's degree from a U.S. college or university.
- Earned 45 or more semester hours of transferable credit from a U.S. college or university.
- Earned 30 or more semester hours of transferable credit from a U.S. college or university to include college-level English Composition I with a B- or better grade.
- The applicant graduated from a U.S. high school and completed two full years of regular English courses.
- The applicant scored 500 or greater on the SAT critical reading or 21 or greater on the ACT English component.