Scholar - J-1 Exchange Visitor Insurance
Effective 05/15/2015 insurance coverage must include:
- Medical benefits of at least U.S. $100,000 per accident or illness.
- Repatriation of remains in the amount of U.S. $25,000.
- Expenses associated with medical evacuation in the amount of U.S. $50,000.
- Deductible per accident or illness $500 or less.
A willful failure to carry required insurance is considered to be a violation of the Exchange Visitor Program
J-1 Exchange Visitor insurance options and information (not affiliated with UTSA)
UTSA student insurance plan (Academic Health Plans) includes coverage for visiting scholars and researchers.
- 2018-2019 Academic Health Plans Enrollment Form for Scholar and Dependents
- Fall Academic Health Plans Evacuation and Repatriation Form for Scholars and Dependents
- Spring & Summer Academic Health Plans Evacuation and Repatriation Form for Scholars and Dependents
- Academic Health Plans Evacuation and Repatriation Informational Flyer