Confirmation of Financial Resources Form
- Confirmation of Financial Resources Form - Spring 2019
- Intensive English Program Participants: Apply here
Please attach financial support documents to your completed Confirmation of Financial Resources form.
For issuance of an I-20 Form, you must submit both Confirmation of Financial Resources form and financial support documents. It is your responsibility to submit valid documentation. Failure to do so will result in a delay of receiving your I-20 Form.
Note: Include the student's name and myUTSA ID (abc123) number on ALL submitted documents.
Deadlines: FOR NEWLY ADMITTED STUDENTS ONLY
- For overseas students, please submit all supporting documentation by November 5, 2018
- For students currently attending a U.S. school, please submit all supporting documents by December 10, 2018
Note: Current UTSA students should submit all documents before their current programs ends. Students who are changing academic levels should submit documents before their new level of program begins.
- All accounts must be easily accessible and liquid assets.
- All documents must be in English. If you submit an English translation, it must be accompanied by the original document. The translation must be done by an official licensed translator. The translation must be on company letterhead with the stamp/seal and signature of the translator.
- Letters of sponsorship must include exact dollar amount of support in U.S. dollars and dates of sponsorship.
- All supporting documentation must be dated within 6 months of submission.
- All supporting documentation must be accompanied by the completed Confirmation of Financial Resources form.
- Multiple sponsors: You are permitted to have more than one sponsor. Please have each sponsor complete a Confirmation of Financial Resources form and attach their financial documentation. The combined total from all of your sponsors must meet the total amount we are requesting.
- Faxed documents are not acceptable.
Acceptable supporting documents are
- Financial statements: Documents must be no more than 6 months old at the time of submission and must have the account holder’s name in English and the final balance in the account.
- UTSA Scholarship/Award/Stipend letters: Letters must be from the UTSA department and include description of coverage, coverage dates, conditions (if any), the award amount, and confirmation signatures by the recipient and department.
- Government Sponsorship: Scholarship letters must include dates of sponsorship, the award amount in U.S. dollars, descriptions of coverage, conditions (if any) and must state that scholarship is offered to study at UTSA.
- Loans: Documents must include confirmation of loan approval, exact amount in U.S. dollars, and duration of loans.
The following may not be used as supporting documents:
- W-2 forms
- Personal letter regarding your finances
- Salary slips/pay stubs
- Property of personal assets (automobiles, land, buildings, jewelry, etc.)
- Income tax documents
- Statements verifying employment and salary
- Insurance premiums and policies
- Non-liquid assets such as retirement accounts
International Student Services will accept copies of your financial documents; however, we will not accept copies sent by fax.
At your visa interview you must provide the official financial documents to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate Officer.