- Faculty-Led Programs
- Health and Safety
- Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Travel Basics
- Coming Home
- Graduate Students
UTSA has been awarded a license to travel to Cuba. Students in the following category are eligible to study in Cuba
- Graduate students conducting noncommercial academic research in Cuba specifically related to Cuba and for the purpose of obtaining a graduate degree (i.e., the proposed research is independent research for writing a master's thesis, doctoral dissertation or similar document).
Requesting Travel Authorization
UTSA students requesting travel authorization should complete the following steps well in advance of their desire to travel to Cuba.
Requests must be made at least six weeks before proposed travel dates.
- Students must submit a letter to the Office of International Programs, Education Abroad Services, indicating the nature of their request and the dates of proposed travel.
- The student's graduate adviser must also submit a letter of support indicating that:
o The student is currently enrolled in a degree program at UTSA
o The duration and scope of the proposed research
o The travel is part of an educational program of UTSA, and
o The Cuban research will be accepted for credit toward that degree.
- Complete a mandatory pre-departure orientation with an Education Abroad Services advisor at least one month before the proposed travel.
- Complete all necessary pre-departure documentation and requirements
- The Office of International Programs and the Executive Vice Provost and Senior International Officer will issue the required letter, which supports the travel to Cuba.
- Students make travel arrangements through an approved Cuba travel agent.