// In The News

Exchange experience: a student from Northern Ireland shares about UTSA life

As a student studying history and international studies, an international exchange has been an ambition I have been eager to fulfil. Studying abroad and learning from a different perspective provides invaluable experience and a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Determined to study abroad in my...

//Read More

About International Agreement Procedures

International agreements between UTSA and foreign universities or colleges are governed by a combination of Texas state law, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board Rules, and UTSA policies. 

UTSA faculty or staff members seeking to establish an international agreement with a foreign university or entity must complete and send a signed request form to the Global Relations and Agreements Coordinator. This form sets out relevant details of the proposed agreement, including parties, scope of proposed activities and benefits to the university..

You must complete all sections of the International Agreements Request Form

This is the step-by-step process to formalize a collaboration:

  1. Submit the signed request form to carelli.delagarzatorres@utsa.edu
  2. The Global Relations and Agreements Coordinator will present the initiative to the Vice Provost for International Initiatives for final approval and prepare the agreement draft, using the UT System-approved template.
  3. The Global Relations and Agreements Coordinator will send the completed draft agreement to the UTSA Office of Legal Affairs for UT System approval.
  4. The Global Relations and Agreements Coordinator will share the agreement proposal with partner institution representatives for their consideration and will ensure the execution of the agreement.


  • Finalized agreements must have the signature of the UTSA president or his designee.
  • It is important to allow at least four weeks for the processing, coordination and approval of each international agreement request. 
  • Agreements are normally valid for five years, and may be extended to 10 years under certain circumstances.