- About ISS
- Prospective Students
- International Student Orientation
- Current Students
- Visa Travel
- Campus Resources
- Living in San Antonio
- Food Stores and Restaurants
- Postal, Internet and Telephone Service
- Gas, Electric, Trash and Water Services
- Money and Banking
- Owning an Automobile
- Personal Safety
- Religion and Places of Worship
- San Antonio Area
- U.S. Culture and Cultural Adjustment
- Drivers License
- Social Security Number
- Weather in San Antonio
- Financial Aid Resources
The best advice is to pack light. Lightweight clothing is recommended.
We suggest a dress for women and a sport coat and tie for men for special occasions.
We also encourage you to bring your traditional clothing from your country for cultural festivities.
San Antonio generally does not get a lot of rain, but we recommend purchasing a raincoat and/or an umbrella for rainy days. We do occasionally receive tropical storms from the Gulf of Mexico. Be prepared for occasional days of heavy rain.
- Warm months: shorts, light pants, and T–shirts
- Winter months: pants, a sweater, long–sleeved shirt, or jacket
Other international students suggest that you bring some extra money for clothes and shopping at the malls once you get an idea of what other students are wearing.