- Faculty-Led Programs
- Health and Safety
- Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Travel Basics
- Coming Home
- Graduate Students
To apply for a study abroad exchange, follow these steps:
- Attend an Advising Session. Hours are 9 a.m.- 4 p.m., Monday-Friday, 1.210 Main Building.
Investigate potential study abroad locations based on your interest and personal goals for an international experience. Do you want to improve your second language skills? Are you looking for a guided experience, or are you more independent?
- Consult the Study Abroad Library. Check out the Office of International Programs Study Abroad resources for more information on program details, costs and other information. Most programs require a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA; you should have sophomore status at the time of application. Check language requirements for non–English speaking countries.
- Meet with your academic advisor to determine whether credits from your desired program will transfer to UTSA. You will need to gather course descriptions you are interested in taking at university while abroad. Your academic advisor will help you determine if you will be able to receive college academic credit for the courses taken abroad. Failure to do so may delay your graduation date.
- Complete the necessary application(s) for UTSA and your chosen program. You must submit your documents and pay required fees by the established deadlines. Failure to abide by set deadlines may negatively affect your study abroad experience.
- Attend Pre-Departure Orientation. All outgoing students must attend pre-departure orientation given by the Office of International Programs. You will be given the date and time well in advance. You must attend!
You have worked hard for the opportunity to go abroad. Enjoy your time!