- Faculty-Led Programs
- Health and Safety
- Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Travel Basics
- Coming Home
- Graduate Students
Requirements & Deadlines
- Must be at least a sophomore at the time of departure.
- Must be in good academic standing at UTSA.
- Students must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA. This GPA must be maintained until the time of departure. Students who do not maintain this minimum GPA may not be permitted to attend their study abroad program.
- Freshmen may apply; you must have completed a minimum of 30 semester hours prior to departure.
All applicants must adhere to the established program deadlines.
Graduate students must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. This GPA must be maintained until the time of departure. Students who do not maintain this minimum GPA may not be permitted to attend their study abroad program.
All students must meet UTSA’s guidelines for all study abroad participants, including GPA, payment of applicable fees, Student Code of Conduct and any rules established by their faculty study abroad program leader.
Any student conducting international research with or without a UTSA professor must process through Education Abroad Services and be registered in the International Research Study course. Students should contact Education Abroad Services at least one month before departure in order to request this status.
Students who are interested in a Faculty-Led Study Abroad program, and who have a GPA lower than the required minimum should contact the professor. There are new guidelines for a possible GPA waiver.