- Faculty-Led Programs
- Health and Safety
- Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Travel Basics
- Coming Home
- Graduate Students
Students may use all federal and state financial aid, alternative and private loans, and grants to finance study abroad programs. Speak with a financial aid advisor in the UTSA Student Financial Aid and Enrollment Services.
Financial Aid Checklists
- File your FAFSA on January 2 every year by going to www.fafsa.ed.gov. This FAFSA will be for the fall, spring, and summer of the following academic year. You may sign your FAFSA electronically using your pin number. Apply for a pin number if you do not already have one. If you are a dependent student you will need a pin number for yourself and a pin number for one of your parents. You are considered a dependent unless you can answer yes to one of the questions under “Student’s Status” on the FAFSA.
- Review your electronic Student Aid Report for accuracy. You will receive your Student Aid Report through the e-mail address you use for your FAFSA. If necessary, correct any items that may be inaccurate.
- Respond promptly to any school requests for additional information or documents, such as copies of federal tax returns or transcripts. Request for missing documents will be sent to your e-mail account.
- Once received, promptly return your signed award letter or access your personal ASAP account online to accept your awards immediately. Contact the Office of Student Financial Aid if you have any questions.
- If you are planning to study abroad, be sure to complete and submit the Study Abroad / Exchange Budget Form.
- If you are new to UTSA you will need to complete the Student Information Form and submit it to Enrollment Services or put it in the drop box outside the Financial Aid Office.
- Complete the Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling online at www.mappingyourfuture.org.
- If the financial aid that has been awarded is not enough to cover the program costs, students may consider applying for an alternative loan. For further information, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 458-8000.
- Sign up for Direct Deposit with Fiscal Services.
- Check for any university holds before leaving.
- Please contact Financial Aid at 458-8000 if you have further questions regarding your financial aid options for your study abroad.