- UTSA Policy
- Paying Nonresident Employees
Type of visa (immigration status)
Spouse or unmarried minor (under age 21) child of an F-1 student.
- Legal spouse or child of an F-1 student
- F-1 must prove financial support for each dependent
Possible income from U.S. sources
- May not accept employment.
Maximum length of stay in U.S.
- As long as F-1 maintains status
- Not subject to two-year home resident requirement
- F-2 children may study full-time at the K-12 level
- F-2 spouses may not study full-time (part-time only permissible if the study is recreational in nature)
- F-2s may not accept employment
Supporting documentation needed
- Proof of financial support from F-1
- Proof of relationship to F-1
I-20 (issued by UTSA)