- G-1: Permanent mission members of a recognized government to a designated international organization are eligible for a G-1 visa.
- G-2: Representatives of a recognized government traveling to the U.S. temporarily to attend meetings of a designated international organization are eligible for G-2 visas.
- G-3: Representatives of non-recognized or non-member governments are eligible for G-3 visas.
- G-4: Individuals who are proceeding to the U.S. to take up an appointment at a designated international organization, including the United Nations are eligible for G-4 visas.
Possible income from U.S. sources
Maximum length of stay in U.S.
- Length of work visa or appointment
- Noted on I-94 as duration of status
Supporting documentation needed
- Diplomatic note from home government confirming applicant's status