Applicant with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics or possesses extraordinary ability in the motion picture or television industry and has been recognized for those achievements.
Must have letter or contract from petitioner to beneficiary.
Detailed criteria available at U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services
Possible income from U.S. sources
- Honorarium and/or reimbursement for travel and subsistence possible
- May only work for the petitioning employer; may accept expense reimbursement from other sources
Maximum length of stay in U.S.
- Up to 3 years
- Can be renewed in increments of up to one year
- Quick and relatively easy to obtain and use many times
- Dual intent recognized, however, there is a requirement that there be a temporary intent to remain
- Limited stay in U.S.
- Heavy documentation burden
- Only temporary employment.
Supporting documentation needed
- Invitation letter with dates and purpose of visit
- Itinerary may be required if there are multiple stops on a tour
- I-94 Form
- Documentation of exceptional ability
- Proof of adequate funds
- Evidence of return ticket