- UTSA Policy
- Paying Nonresident Employees
Must be Mexican or Canadian citizen who will work in a professional occupation short-term. Approved list of occupations found at the Department of State website
Letter of invitation academic or business purpose for visit to the United States.
Possible income from U.S. sources
- Employment possible, full or part-time
- Must be temporary, short-time position
Maximum length of stay in U.S.
- Three years
- Employment possible
- Work only when and where approved
- Limited stay in U.S.
- Mexican citizens pay a nonimmigrant visa application fee when applying for the TN visa at the U.S. consulate
Supporting documentation needed
- Invitation letter with dates and purpose of visit.
- Valid passport
- One (1) 2x2 photograph
- Diplomas, academic transcripts, and professional license (if required). Submit originals for verification purposes; they will be returned.
- Visa Screen is required for certain health-care professionals.