- UTSA Policy
- Paying Nonresident Employees
Type of visa (immigration status)
Visa waiver for temporary visitor for business or tourism stays of fewer than 90 days.
- Valid authorization
- Must be from an eligible country. Country list change; check USCIS.gov for information.
Possible income from U.S. sources
- Honoraria only
Maximum length of stay in U.S.
- Fewer than 90 days
- Limited paperwork
- Can be re-admitted to U.S. after short trips to Canada, Mexico or adjacent islands
- Cannot be extended
- Must be enrolled in US-VISIT Program through U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is required
- Not possible to change from visa waiver status without first leaving the U.S. and securing new status at the appropriate U.S. consulate/embassy in the country of unrelinquished residence
- Only available to some residents of certain participating countries
Supporting documentation needed
- Present passport valid for six months past expected stay
- Proof of sufficient funds