INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL PROCESS
Interim Travel Policy:
Currently all UTSA affiliated travel, regardles of destination, must request approval through the Office of the Vice Provost for Global Initiatives and the International Oversight Committee or Domestic Travel Oversight Committee.
To report or request international travel (personal or professional) please click here to complete the survey.
For information about official domestic travel please click here
- Check to see if your travel is affected by this policy
- Check whether the country you are traveling to is on UTSA's Restricted Regions list.
- If so, apply for and obtain approval from the International Oversight Committee (IOC) prior to purchasing any tickets.
- Register your travel details and sign up for notifications in the U.S. Department of State's Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Additionally, log in to the International SOS web page and sign up for email alerts.
- Review CDC Traveler's Health Advisories and The US State Department Travel Advisories to help you prepare for your trip
- If you are traveling to a country not on the UTSA Restricted Regions List you do not have to apply for approval from the IOC, however, we recommend you register with STEP, ISOS, and reveiw the US State Department and CDC Health Advisories.
- Provide adequate explanation for how travel is linked to institutional and academic goals, as determined by department, college or unit.
- Show a thorough grasp of all major health, safety, or security concerns in the request
- Provide an adequate risk mitigation strategy
- Include academic purpose, logistics information (mode of travel, lodging, schedule, etc.), knowledge of the area, language skills and challenges, and emergency points of contact for each traveler in both the restricted region and the U.S.
- Follow risk classification approval process listed above
- Once approved, book travel