August 13, 2018
The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) is aware that Saudi Arabia has suspended government funding to students who are studying in Canada. We know this puts you in a tough situation so we wanted to let you know that UTSA is here to help.
Our admissions and student services teams are standing by to help any Saudi student affected by extending the deadline to apply to UTSA. To apply to UTSA, please submit the following by Wednesday, Aug. 15 and we will begin processing your application as quickly as possible.
To apply as an Transfer student:
1. Complete Paper Application (Please see attached)
a. Scan and email application to email@example.com by August 15th, 2018.
2. Pay a non-refundable application fee ($60). Please contact our Fiscal Services office at 210-458-8000 Option 4
3. Submit your official/original transcript(s) from each college/university attended.
4. Submit a foreign credential evaluation of your foreign transcript(s). (FCSA evaluation application) by the end of the Fall semester.
Note: A foreign credential evaluation is needed for foreign post-secondary transcripts to assist our office with verifying the accreditation of the institution as well as to convert, if necessary, the grading and credit hours to our U.S. grading and semester credit scale. (http://www.foreigncredentials.org)
5. Submit your official TOEFL or IELTS scores. This is required if you have 1 year or less at your current institution.
Required documentation for issuance of Form I-20:
1. Permanent home country address (Saudi Arabia)
2. Copy of passport name page – passport must be valid (unexpired) during your stay in the United States
3. Completed CFR form for the admitted semester - http://international.utsa.edu/prospective-students/financial-requirements/
4. Financial support documentation for the first year of study
5. Dependent information, if applicable – passport copies, proof of relationship, additional financial support - http://international.utsa.edu/prospective-students/financial-requirements/
If you know of anyone who has been affected by this decision, please let him or her know that UTSA welcomes all SACM applicants. We look forward to helping you reach your academic goals at UTSA.
Lisa Montoya, Ph.D.
Interim Vice Provost, International Initiatives
& Senior International Officer
Beverly Woodson Day
Interim Assistant Vice President for Strategic Enrollment &
Director of Undergraduate Admissions