If you lost your I-20

International Student Services can reprint your I-20. Come to the office and speak to an international student adviser.

Call 210-458-7202 if you are not in San Antonio.

If you cannot reach anyone at UTSA, you can contact SEVP directly at SEVIS.source@DHS.gov.

In your e-mail to SEVP, give

  • Your name
  • Your SEVIS ID number if you have it (N followed by 10 digits on your Form I-20)
  • The name of your school
  • Your contact information (include your current address, telephone number, and e-mail address if possible).

Briefly describe your situation and what concerns or problems you have.

If you lost your Form I-94

Contact an international student adviser at 210-458-7202.

If you lost your passport

Contact your country’s embassy or consulate immediately to get a replacement passport.

If you lost your Social Security Card

Visit the local Social Security office.

Show documents proving your:
  • Immigration status;
  • Work eligibility;
  • Recent pay slip or letter from your employer; and
  • Identity (I-94 with your unexpired foreign passport).

You will have to complete an application for a Social Security card (Form SS-5)

The letter from your employer must describe:

  • Your job;
  • Your employment start date:
  • The number of hours you are, or will be, working; and
  • Your supervisor’s name and telephone number.
  • If you are an F-1 or M-1 student and are authorized to work off campus, you must provide us with the Employment Authorization Document you received from DHS.
  • If you are a J-1 student, you must provide a letter from your sponsor. The letter should be on sponsor letterhead with an original signature that authorizes your employment.

If you lost your Texas drivers license

Visit the closest Texas driver’s license office.

Bring these documents

Unexpired Dept. of Homeland Security (DHS) or U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services document issued for a period of at least one year and must be valid for no less than six months from the date presented to the department with a completed application. The document must contain verifiable data and identifiable photo. Examples include but are not limited to:

  • U.S. Citizen Identification Card (I-179 or I-197)
  • Resident Alien Card (I-551)
  • Temporary Resident Identification Card (I-688)
  • Employment Authorization Card (I-688A, I-688B or I-766)

A Foreign Passport with a visa (valid or expired) with an undefined expiration date and Form I-94 with an undefined expiration date.

A Foreign Passport with a visa (valid or expired) with a defined expiration date and Form I-94 with a defined expiration date. The Form I-94 must have been issued for a period of at least one year and have at least six months validity remaining.

Your Social Security Card. Persons who are not eligible for the issuance of a Social Security Number must complete a Social Security Affidavit.

The correct replacement fee. There is a $16 fee to replace your driver’s license. Cash and personal checks are accepted. Credit and debit cards are not. Confirm the fee before you visit the office in person. Some fees vary.