- U.S. citizen must petition for visa
- You intend to marry within 90 days of entering the United States
Possible income from U.S. sources
- Travel reimbursement
- May apply for permission to work and must apply for an EAD to do so
Maximum length of stay in U.S.
- Must marry with 90 days of arrival and then apply to change visa status
- Children of fiancé(e)must alter status after marriage
Supporting documentation needed
- You and your fiancé(e) are both free to marry and any previous marriages must have been legally terminated by divorce, death, or annulment.
- You met each other, in person, at least once within 2 years of filing your petition. There are two exceptions that require a waiver:
1. If the requirement to meet would violate strict and long-established customs of your or your fiancé(e)’s foreign culture or social practice.
2. If you prove that the requirement to meet would result in extreme hardship to you.